Coloring Pages for Children

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Love and the Lilies


Song of Solomon 2:16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.

I think one of the books of the Bible that may not be so understood is Song of Solomon. 

The meaning of "Song", is a love letter between King Solomon and his "Beloved" wife.  Although, he had many wives; in that time it was allowed for a man to have many wives; the "Shulamite" was the love of his life.  But there's another meaning to this book.....it is a letter that shows the love that the Lord has for His people and the love that His people has for Him.
The photo above shows a white lily that grows in my garden.  When I look at this lily, it reminds me of this verse.
You can find my art and photograhy here   http://www.etsy.com/shop/AliveWithColor

Thank you for reading....please feel free to leave questions and comments :D

No comments:

Post a Comment