Coloring Pages for Children

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Being Thankful At All Times

Psalm 100:4-5 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


Being thankful...this is something that the Bible specifies as being very important, in many verses, including Psalm 100. 

We need to always keep in mind all of the things that the Lord has done for us, including salvation by His work on the cross...for those of us who are saved and for those of us who will open their hearts to Him and accept Him as their Savior in the future. 

We all tend to take the good things in our life for granted at one time or another.  We can be caught up in the daily pressures and trials and forget to give thankgiving to the One who is to be praised for all that is good....and even the trials....for we know through trials, we become stronger.

My photo today is of my husband, who is my major reason to be thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ, aside from salvation.  Of course, salvation is the main reason for us all to be thankful to the Lord...think of the sorry state that we would be in without His sacrifice....eternal suffering in a horrible place.  Because of the sacrifice that Christ made for us, including the awful torture and horrible fleshly death on the cross, we can be saved and be well assured that we will spend eternity with Him in a blessed place where there is no darkness, only Light. 

I choose to be thankful to my God for all that He does for me and my family...to be thankful for my loved ones, my home, my talents, my salvation and thirst for the Word.  I hope to encourage you all to join me in thanksgiving of the One who deserves all of our thanks and praise.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... that's a great looking puppy dog...

    Love you honey... by the way, I nominated you for the candle lighters award. You can read about it on my blog.

    Please accept the award as an acknowledgement of your ability to present the Word through the use of your art and photos. You are a blessing and an encouragment to me.

    May the Lord continue to bless you, my dear wife.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete