Coloring Pages for Children

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Give Thanks

Psalms 30:1-12 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. (2) O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. (3) O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. (4) Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. (5) For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (6) And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. (7) LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. (8) I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication. (9) What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? (10) Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. (11) Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; (12) To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Too many times in my life I forget to thank my Great Lord for all of the blessings that He has given me....there are so many blessings that I could never name them all.  We all tend to get caught up in the everyday trials and feel sorry for ourselves, but these are the most important times to remember God's great mercy and grace that He has shown to us.  Our very life is a result of God's Grace, but the most important blessing of all is that God gave His own Son to redeem our souls from neverending suffering, should we choose to accept His Son as our Redeemer.  He made it so simple for us...just accept Jesus as our Savior...and then live our lives in a way that Christ would.  Through this simple principle, we can live eternally with our Great Lord.

Thank you my great Lord for my salvation and all of the other millions of blessings that you have given me. 

5 comments:

  1. What a great picture, and posting, for the Thanksgiving season! Thank you for the reiminder of our need to thank the Lord for all He has done for us. The scacrifice He made for us when He died on the cross cannot be appreciated fully...
    Titus 3:4-5
    "But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I want to live a life of gratitude. God is always providing; always blessings. I want to be joyful always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Posting ... We all need to be reminded of our need to be thankful for all the blessings He has given to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is an inspiration! I want to visit here whenever I update my blog, would you be my affy? :) I haven't updated my blog yet but I will this december and also, I want to invite you to join the christian blog listing located at http://christianblogs.clan.su/ I got your blog in the Christian Blog Group in facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete